Chicken Croquettes (Mock Chicken Legs)
- 2 C. chicken, cooked, boned, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. prepared Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs. mayonnaise or creamy garlic dressing
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. salt to taste
- 1 Tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder to taste
- 1 C. flavored breadcrumbs
- 1-2 eggs, beaten, may add water
- Additional bread crumbs for coating.
- Vegetable oil for frying
Put all the croquette ingredients into a food processor and chop until finely minced and able to mold into croquettes. (Adjust consistency by adding oil or breadcrumbs.) Shape into patties (or chicken leg shapes). Dip in beaten egg, roll in breadcrumbs and fry until golden and cooked.
Tip: When I was a kid, we affectionately called these Chicken-Pops because my mom made them in the shape of a drumstick. She inserted a Popsicle stick so that I could lift the leg and eat it from the "bone"!