Chicken & Mushroom with Wild Blend® Rice
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken pieces
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. butter
- 2-3 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 C. Lundberg Family Farms Wild Blend® rice
- 1 10.5-oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 3 1/2 C. chicken broth
- 2 Tbs. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté chicken and mushrooms until lightly browned; add in rice and cook 1-2 more minutes. Add to slow cooker; stir in herbs and bacon. Whisk together soup and broth and pour over chicken and rice mixture. Cover and cook on high 3-1/2 to 4 hours, or until rice is tender.
Recipe provided by Lundberg Family Farms.