Serving Size / Yield
- cooking spray
- one 8-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 sm. onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 C. low-sodium canned chicken broth
- 2 sm. red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 2 med. plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 C. frozen baby peas
- 1/4 tsp. dill weed
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add the chicken strips and onion. Saute over medium-high for 5 minutes.
Stir in the chicken broth and add the potatoes. Lower the heat to medium, cover and cook for 15 minutes, until potatoes are just tender. Add the tomatoes and peas and continue to cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the dill and season with pepper.
To serve, divide equally between 2 shallow soup plates and sprinkle with cheese.