Chicken, Rice and Green Chili Casserole
- 1 C. long grain rice, cooked
- 2 C. water
- 1 8 oz. pkg. Mexican cheese blend, reserve 1/2 C.
- 1 C. dairy sour cream
- 1 1 oz. package Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 7 oz. can diced green chilies
- 1 12.5 oz. can white chicken in water or broth, drain, separate and reserve liquid
Rinse rice with cold water until clear. Put rice in small saucepan with the 2 cups of cold water. Cover with lid and bring to a boil and simmer on low for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
While rice is cooking, in a small bowl, stir together sour cream, package of Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix, diced green chilies and reserved broth from chicken. Cover and refrigerate for one hour for mixture to blend.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine cooled cooked rice, chicken chunks, cheese and sour cream mixture in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly. Place in a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on top, return to oven and bake 5 minutes longer.