Chicken Salad Crepes with Pineapple Dressing
Serving Size / Yield
- 8 Frieda's French Style Crepes, at room temperature
- 3 skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 1/2 C. red bell peppers, slivered
- 1/2 C. carrots, slivered
- 1/2 C. julienne sticks of hothouse cucumber
- 2 Tbs. green onion, sliced
- 2 C. lettuce, shredded
- red bell pepper rings, optional garnish
- cucumber slices, optional garnish
- Pineapple Dressing:
- 1 8-oz. can crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 Tbs. light mayonnaise
- 2 tsp.fresh ginger, minced
Cut or shred chicken into strips. In a large bowl toss together chicken, bell pepper, carrot, cucumber, and green onion. Toss in shredded lettuce.
For pineapple dressing, combine 2 Tbs. of the pineapple juice and 2 Tbs. of the crushed pineapple in a small bowl (reserve remaining pineapple for another use). Stir in mayonnaise and ginger until well blended. Toss salad with dressing.
Spoon 1/8 C. of salad mixture onto the center of each crepe, roll crepe and arrange two per serving plate. Garnish each plate with bell pepper rings and cucumber slices, if desired.