Chicken Scallopini with Mushrooms
Serving Size / Yield
- 6 boned and skinned chicken breast halves
- 5 Tbs. butter
- 5 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbs. chopped shallots or 4 green onions, chopped|
- White wine to taste;1/4 to 1/2 C.
- 1/3 C. chicken broth
- 1 tsp. capers
- 1/2 C. heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan Cheese to shave on top
1. Place breast pieces between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound with a mallet or other flat instrument to a thickness of about 1/8 inch.
2. Heat 2 Tbs. each of butter and oil in skillet. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender. about 5 minutes. Remove mushrooms and reserve.
3. Heat remaining butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add breasts and sauté, turning once, until browned, 4-5 minutes total cooking time.
4. Add shallots or green onions to pan and cook, scraping bottom until tender about 4 minutes.
5. Add white wine and broth, boil, reduce to simmer and cook until liquids are reduced by half.
6. Stir in cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Add mushrooms, chicken and capers and simmer to reheat.
8. Serve immediately over linguini or steamed rice and serve with a green vegetable.
9. Top with Parmesan cheese if desired.