Serving Size / Yield
- 1 7-oz. pkg. spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 1/4 C. butter or margarine
- 1/4 C. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 C. chicken broth
- 1 C. heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbs. dry sherry or water
- 2 C. cubed cooked chicken, drained
- 1 4.5-oz. jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook spaghetti as directed on package.
Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in broth and whipping cream. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
Stir spaghetti, sherry, chicken and mushrooms into sauce. Pour spaghetti mixture into ungreased 2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until bubbly in center.