Chicken with Chipotle Cheese Sauce
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 2 Tbs. milk
- 1/2 tsp. ground chipotle chile pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 C. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
Heat the remaining oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
Stir the soup, milk, chile pepper and tomatoes in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with the cilantro, if desired.
This recipe is brought to you by Campbell's®. Make Great Meals. Get Great Smiles. It's Amazing What Soup Can Do.