Chilaquiles With Eggs and Chicken (Breakfast Nachos)
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/4 bag tortilla chips (to be more authentic you can make your own from corn tortillas)
- 1 8-oz. can salsa verde (most supermarkets sell this in the international section)
- 1/2 C. queso fresco, grated or shredded (you will find them sold in rounds in the cheese section)
- sour cream
- 1/2 red onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 C. cilantro, chopped finely
- 2 eggs (cooked any style)
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded (optional)
Warm the salsa verde in a sauce pan for a few minutes.
Layer the tortilla chips on a plate. Top with warmed salsa verde, queso, sour cream, red onion, cilantro, eggs, and chicken breast.
To melt the cheese more (if desired), place under the broiler for two minutes prior to serving.