Chile Lime Sweet Potatoes
15 min preparation + 45 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 lb. sweet potatoes
- Juice and zest from 1 lime
- 2 Tbs. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. chili pepper
- 1 clove garlic, pulverized
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- Light grill.
- Bring a 5-6 quart container to boil.
- Peel sweet potatoes. Cut lengthwise in half, and divide into eights. Boil until tender. Remove from heat after about 5 minutes. And let cool.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Stir until aroma of lime and oil pervade the air. Create a smooth dark-brown glaze in the process, about 2 minutes.
- Toss sweet potatoes into bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes to medium-high grill. Flip and rotate until the potatoes start to crisp and the glaze blackens. Remove from heat. Serve hot.
Photo courtesy Mother Nature Network.
Around The Web