- 3 C. uncooked whole wheat pasta (any style you like)
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef (extra lean) or ground turkey
- 1/2 C. chopped onions or more to taste.
- 1 16-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 packet Taco or Chili seasoning
- 1-2 C. shredded Mexican Four Cheese
Boil the 3 C. whole wheat pasta according to the pkg directions. Drain the pasta when it is finished and set aside.
Sweat the onions in the olive oil (cook until transparent). Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Then add 1 can of diced tomatoes and the seasonings packet. Stir until mixed completely together and cook another 5 minutes.
Add the pasta and mix completely with the ground beef mixture. Then mix in the cheese to taste and simmer on low until the cheese melts. Add more cheese on the top and cover the pot and simmer for another 5-10 minutes or until the cheese on the top melts.