Chilled Buttermilk-Vegetable Soup
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 limes
- 6 C. buttermilk
- 3 med. tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 seedless English cucumber, unpeeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 C. loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- cilantro sprigs for garnish
From limes, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice.
In large bowl, combine lime peel and juice, buttermilk, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, cilantro, salt and pepper; stir until blended. OCver and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to one day. Garnish each serving with a cilantro sprig.
Each serving: About 175 calories, 10g protein, 18g carbohydrate, 6g total fat (2g sat.), 8mg cholesterol, 632mg sodium.