Chinese Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1 Tbs. light oil
- 1 jar LaChoy sweet and sour sauce
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- sprinkle of salt
- 2 grinds black pepper
- 1 sm. can pineapple chunks
- 1/2 C. Gherkin pickles (the small sweet ones)
- 1/2 C. steamed baby carrots
- 1 sm. onion, sliced
- 1 lb. chicken tenderloin or breast, chunked
Sprinkle chicken chunks with cornstarch, salt and pepper.
Preheat skillet and add oil. When oil ripples, add chicken and onions and stir fry until golden. Add remaining ingredients and cook about 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Serve over your favorite rice. (I like it with my Fantastic Fried Rice).
Cook's note: You can use chicken and/or pork and/or beef in this recipe too.