Chinese Vegetable and Tofu Soup
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- one 15-oz. can cut baby corn, with liquid
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 C. snow peas, cut in half
- 4 oz. soft tofu, sliced, blotted, and diced
- handful of fresh spinach or dark green lettuce leaves, shredded
- ground pepper to taste
Combine 5 cups of water with the bouillon, corn, pepper, peas, and tofu in a pot or saucepan. Bring to a simmer, then let it simmer for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, rinse spinach/lettuce (remove spinach stems, if necessary) and cut it into shreds. Add the greens to the soup and simmer until they start to wilt. Season with pepper and serve immediately.