10 min preparation + 1 hour cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lb. 96% lean ground beef
- 1 C. bell pepper, diced
- 1 C. onion, diced
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 28 oz. can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 C. white corn tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 Tbs. parsley
- 4 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepperJust 10 minutes to prep and ready within an hour, this family friendly dish will quickly become one of your “go-to” meals during a busy week.
- Preheat a large saucepan over medium high heat, and add beef directly to the dry pan.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring and breaking apart large clumps every minute or two but allowing the meat in contact with the pan to brown before stirring again.
- Cook beef until it is evenly browned and no pink remains.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, and carrot to the pot and stir to combine with the beef.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Bring the ingredients to the simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, covered, for at least 10 minutes but no more than 40 minutes, as very lean ground beef can develop an undesirable texture if cooked too long.
- Serve garnished with sliced green onions or any favorite chili toppings.
Recipe provided by Erin Dow, Expert Chef, Guiding Stars Licensing Company
Around The Web