Chocolate Almond Crescent Cookies
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 C. of butter, room temperature
- 2/3 C. of sugar
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. of almond extract
- 2 1/2 C. of flour
- 1 C. of almond flour (can substitute ground almonds*)
- 1/4 C. of powdered sugar for sprinkling
1. Cream the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the extracts and mix.
2. Add the flour and almond flour. Mix thoroughly.
3. Take generous tablespoons of the dough (it will be slightly crumbly) and roll it into a small ball, about an inch in diameter, and then shape into a crescent shape. Place onto parchment paper and bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until a light golden brown.
4. Dust with powdered sugar.
For added decadence let the cookies cool and dip one end of them into some melted chocolate, then let the chocolate harden.