Chocolate Almond Souffle
Serving Size / Yield
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ C. milk
- 3 Tbs. butter (half for souffle, half for greasing ramekins)
- 5 egg yolks
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 6 egg whites (room temperature)
- ½ C. sugar (half for souffle, half for whipped cream)
- 1 C. heavy cream
- ½ C. almonds, ground or chopped finely
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Heat the chocolate, milk, and butter on the top of a double boiler. Stir until smooth and melted completely.
Remove from stove, and cool mixture for five minutes.
Add egg yolks, mixing well after each one.
Add almond extract and stir. Set aside
Place egg whites in separate bowl and whip to form peaks.
Gradually add sugar and beat.
Fold egg whites into chocolate mix.
Grease 5 ramekins with 1½ Tbs. of butter and dust with almonds.
Spoon souffle mixture into ramekins.
Bake 14 to 17 minutes until puffy and cracked on top.
While the souffles bake, whip cream and sugar until peaks form.
After souffles are out of the oven, allow them to cool for 5 minutes.
Spoon whipped cream into centers of the desserts and serve immediately.