Chocolate Bourbon Balls
- 2 1/2 C. vanilla wafer crumbs (Nilla Wafers or similar cookie)
- 1/2 C. confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 C. pecan halves, finely ground in food processor
- 6 oz. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1/2 C. bourbon (See note)
- 3 Tbs. light corn syrup
- Granulated sugar
Place cookie crumbs, confectioners' sugar, and ground pecans in a large bowl and stir to combine. Melt the chocolate in microwave or in top of double boiler over simmering water. Stir in bourbon and corn syrup. Add chocolate mixture to dry mixture and stir well to combine. Let sit for 30 minutes. Place granulated sugar in a small bowl. Roll mixture between your palms into 1-inch balls, then roll in sugar to coat evenly. Place balls in airtight container, separating layers with aluminum foil or waxed paper, and allow flavors to develop by sitting at room temperature at least overnight. You may first place them in small fluted paper C., if desired.
Yield: 40 balls
Note: For different flavors, substitute either dark rum, Grand Marnier or Kahlua for the bourbon.