Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 C. + 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 Tbs. of unsalted butter, melted
- 6 Tbs. of creamy peanut butter, melted
- 1 C. loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/2 C. granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1 C. milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Mix the flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
3. In another large bowl, whisk together peanut butter and butter with both sugars until combined.
4. Whisk in egg yolk and vanilla extract until smooth.
5. Add in the mashed banana and mix until combined – mixture will not be smooth.
6. Gradually add in the dry ingredients, mixing with a large spoon until a dough forms. Add in chocolate chips.
7. Shape the dough into the size of a ping pong ball and place on a nonstick baking sheet about 2 inches apart from each other.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are golden and the middles are puffy – do not overbake!