Chocolate Snickers Cupcakes
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 10 Tbs. (75g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 C. (250g) creamy peanut butter
- 2 C. (120g) confectioner's sugar
- 2/3 C. (80ml) heavy cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 C. store-bought or homemade caramel sauce4
- 10 fun size Snickers bars, chopped
Prepare cake mix according to box instructions. Line two muffin trays with cupcake liners. Spoon the batter into the liners filling only about halfway. Bake for about 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely.
Using an electric mixer, make the frosting by first beating the softened butter on medium speed for 1 minute until completely smooth and creamy. Add the peanut butter and beat on medium-high speed until the two are combined. Add the confectioner's sugar, cream, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat on low speed for about 20 seconds, then gradually increase to high speed. Beat on high for 1 minute.
Frost the cupcakes using a piping bag or a zip bag with a corner cut off.
Top with caramel sauce and chopped Snickers bars.