Serving Size / Yield
- 2 3 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 C. milk chocolate morsels
- 1 18 1/2 oz. pkg. Swiss chocolate cake mix or devil’s food cake mix
- 1 16 oz. container home style vanilla frosting
- 1 16 oz. container chocolate fudge frosting
- Decorator sprinkles (optional)
Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; add sugar, beating well. Add egg, beating just until blended. Stir in chocolate morsels. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Place baking cups in muffin pans. Spoon batter into cups, filling 2/3 full.
Spoon a scant Tbs. cream cheese mixture in center of each cupcake. Bake at 350 degrees for 19-21 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted off center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
Frost cupcakes with desired flavor frosting. Or swirl frostings together with a knife or thin metal spatula, if desired. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired.
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen