Chunky Chicken Soup
Serving Size / Yield
- 1× 48 oz Container Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1× 32 oz Container Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Dried Pearl Barley
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Fresh Garlic, minced
- 1½ cups sliced Carrots
- 1½ cups sliced Celery
- 1½ cups Chopped Onions
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cubed
- 1× 12 oz bag Peeled & Chopped Butternut Squash or 2 1/2 Cups Butternut Squash, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp Dried Thyme
- ½ tsp Dried Sage
Add the chicken broth and barley in a large pot.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Next, in a pan add the olive oil, garlic, carrots, celery, onions, then saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
Add the vegetables to the broth and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
Add the chicken, butternut squash, thyme, sage and fresh ground pepper to the broth.
Continue cooking uncovered for 30 minutes.