Chutney Shrimp Stuffed Avocado Salads
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 Tbs. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 C. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. mango chutney
- 2 Tbs. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped scallions
- 1 Tbs. red bell pepper, finely minced
- 2 Tbs. diced cucumber
- cracked black pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbs. finely minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 lb. cooked medium-size shrimp
- 1 C. chopped tomatoes
- assorted tortilla chips for garnish
- rough chop romaine lettuce for garnish
1. Slice avocado in half lengthwise, peel and remove pit.
2. Sprinkle avocados with lemon juice to keep from discoloring
3. In a bowl, mix together mayonnaise, chutney, lime juice, scallions, red pepper, cucumbers, peppers, cilantro leaves and shrimp and toss together gently.
4. Mound salad into avocado shells and serve on platters with lettuce, tomatoes and tortilla chips.