Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken breasts
- 1/4 C. lime juice, divided
- 1/2 C. cilantro, divided
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 avocado
- 1 8 oz can stewed tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 6 corn tortillas
1) In a food processor, blend half the cilantro and half the lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste and pour into a bowl. Add the chicken and marinate overnight.
2) In a hot frying pan, cook the onions and the marinated chicken until both are tender. Alternatively, you could grill the chicken. Cut the chicken into strips.
3) In the blender, blend the avocado and remaining cilantro with just enough water to give it a smooth consistency. Add salt to taste.
4) Blend the tomatoes until a smooth paste forms.
5) Spread out the tortillas and top with the chicken and onion mixture. Drizzle tomato sauce over the meat and top with avocado sauce to serve. Garnish with parsley if desired.