15 min preparation + 10 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 3 C. vegetable oil
- 1 C. water
- 1/2 C. butter
- 1 C. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 1/4 C. ground cinnamon
- Pour oil into a medium-sized frying pan. Heat to 375 degrees.
- Heat water to a rolling boil in a medium saucepan. Add butter and continue to boil. Quickly stir in flour and salt.
- Reduce heat to low and stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from heat and beat in eggs, one at a time, until mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Form dough into round sticks about 10 inches long and 1 inch thick.
- Fry sticks 2-3 at a time until light brown.
- Remove the sticks and cool on paper towels.
- Mix together the powdered sugar on a large plate. As soon as churros cool, roll them into the mixture and set aside until completely cool.
Around The Web