Cinnamon French Toast Bites with Raspberry and Powdered Sugar
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 C. skim milk
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 9 slices cinnamon bread
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 2 packages of fresh raspberries
- Powdered sugar
- Whisk milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a baking dish.
- Add bread and let soak until egg mixture is completely absorbed.
- Turn the bread over after about 15 minutes.
- As the bread absorbs egg mixture melt 2 tbsp. butter in a heavy small skillet over medium heat. Add in sugar and raspberries and keep warm.
- Melt remaining 2 tbsp. of butter on a separate medium heavy griddle over medium heat. Add bread to griddle and cook until golden brown. Turn once and cook again until golden brown.
- Spoon on the warm raspberry sauce onto each slice of French toast.
- Cut your sauced French toast into fourths and layer on top of each other.
- Transfer toast to serving plates and sprinkle on the powdered sugar.
Around The Web