- 10 C. air-popped popcorn (1/2 C. unpopped)
- 1-1/2 C. (7 oz.) coarsely chopped pecans
- 3/4 C. granulated sugar
- 3/4 C. packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 C. light corn syrup
- 3 Tbs. Frank's® RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 6 Tbs. (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into thin pats
- 1 Tbs. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Place popcorn and pecans in 5-qt. ovenproof bowl or Dutch oven. Bake 15 minutes.
2. Combine sugars, corn syrup, Frank's RedHot Sauce and honey in 2- qt. saucepan. Bring to a full boil over medium-high heat, stirring just until sugars dissolve. Boil about 6 - 8 minutes or until soft crack stage (290 degrees on candy thermometer). Do not stir. Remove from heat.
3. Gradually add butter and cinnamon to sugar mixture, stirring gently until well blended. Pour over popcorn, tossing to coat evenly. Spread popcorn mixture on greased baking sheets, using two forks. Cool completely. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in airtight container up to 2 weeks.
*If popcorn mixture sets too quickly, return to oven to rewarm.
Popcorn mixture may be shaped into 3-inch balls while warm, if desired.