Citrus Beef Skewers with Grapefruit and Garlic
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 Tbs. Bertolli® Classico Olive Oil
- 1/4 C. dry white wine
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 grapefruit (about 1/2 C.)
- 1 Tbs. fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 lb. boneless sirloin steak, cubed
- 1 lb. cipollini onions
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 oz. cherry tomatoes
For marinade, combine Bertolli Classico Olive Oil, wine, garlic, grapefruit juice, and chopped fresh thyme in small bowl. Pour ½ cup marinade over beef in large shallow nonaluminum baking dish or plastic bag; turn to coat. Cover, or close bag and marinate in refrigerator about 3 hours. Refrigerate remaining marinade.
Remove beef from marinade, discarding marinade. Alternately thread beef, onions, peppers and tomatoes on skewers*. Season, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Grill, turning once and brushing frequently with refrigerated marinade, 10 minutes or until desired doneness.
*If using wooden skewers, soak in water at least 30 minutes prior to use.