Classic Crab Cakes
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/3 C. mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 lg. egg
- 1 1/4 C. soft bread crumbs (about 2 slices bread)
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper, if desired
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 med. green onions, chopped
- 3 6-oz. cans crabmeat, well drained, cartilage removed and flaked
- 1/4 C. dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
In medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, and egg with wire whisk. Stir in remaining ingredients except oil and dry bread crumbs. Shape mixture into 6 patties, about 3 inches in diameter. Coat each patty with dry bread crumbs.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook patties in oil about 10 minutes, gently turning once, until golden brown and hot in center. Reduce heat if crab cakes become brown too quickly.