Classic Cucumber and Ham Tea Sandwiches
Serving Size / Yield
- ½ fresh cucumber peeled and sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices of fresh white good bread
- 2 tablespoons softened salted butter
- 2 cubes cream cheese (or mayonnaise)
- 1 teaspoons finely chopped dill
- 6 slices of good English ham
Place the sliced cucumber on two sheets of kitchen paper and blot gently.
Sprinkle lightly with salt and let the slices drain again.
Cut off the crusts of the bread and butter the slices properly.
In a small bowl, mix the cheese and dill well and set aside to chill.
Arrange the cucumber on the bread and season with salt and pepper.
Layer the ham on top of the cucumber.
Press down the bread and then cut the sandwiches into triangles.