Classic Irish Scones
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 150 ml milk
- 1 egg mixed with small amount of milk
- 2 cups flour
- 60g butter
- 1,3 cup raisins
- 4 table spoon of Kerry gold cut into pieces
• Preheat your oven up to 220 degrees
• Take all your ingredients and put them in a bowl. Take you butter and you add them using a fork ad you mix them. This will make your dough a little bit moist.
• Roll half of your dough and flatten them on a good surface that has been floured.
• Cut the rolled dough into smaller pieces using a scone cutter. You can then do the same with the remaining dough
• Put them on a baking sheet and you bake them for about 10 minutes. Additionally, you can brush them with buttermilk and sprinkle them with sugar before you bake if you desire.
Serve it with butter, it is amazing.