Serving Size / Yield
- I round Italian bread
- ¼ lb swiss cheese; thick slices
- ¼ lb Mortadella; thick slices
- 1/8 lb Provolone; thick slices
- (Olive Salad)
- 1 ½ C pitted green olives
- ½ C pitted black olives
- 1 Tbs capers
- 3 garlic cloves; sliced
- 1/8 C celery; sliced
- 1 Tbs chopped parsley
- 2 Tbs dried oregano
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs sliced green onions
- 1 ½ C extra virgin olive oil
In a large bowl, add in all the salad ingredients and toss it well in the olive oil. Set aside.
Cut the bread in half lengthwise.
Brush some of the oil from the salad onto both sides of the bread. Then, lightly layer the salad on the bottom of the bread and top it off with a few small dollops of mayonnaise.
Then, layer it with provolone cheese, Mortadella, and swiss cheese. Finally finish it off with the top of the bread and cut in half. Serve and enjoy!