Classy Christmas Coffee Cake
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 Tbs. milk
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 C. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- 1 C. butter, softened
- 1 C. sour cream
- 1 1/2 C. white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1/2 C. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbs. butter, melted
- 1 C. chopped almonds
- cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat first five ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Set this mix into a refrigerator while you prepare the cake.
- Line 9x13 baking pan with aluminum foil and grease.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl add together butter and sour cream until fluffy.
- Then add the sugar.
- Add one egg at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Gently fold into the flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the batter out along the pan.
- In another small mixing bowl mix together the brown sugar, almonds and cinnamon cutting in the melted butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Bake the cake for 20 minutes and apply half the glaze followed by the almond mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes and then lift pan out of pan and set on a cooling rack.
- Sprinkle on powdered sugar and enjoy.
Around The Web