Serving Size / Yield
- 1/3 C. strong coffee
- 4 C. confectioners powdered sugar (1 box)
- 1/3 C. butter (softened)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate (if you want to add some extra kick to this frosting.)
1. Prepare strong coffee. For best resuts, add 1/2 medium ground to one cup of cold water. Boil over stovetop and then let stand for 2 minutes.
2. Strain twice to avoid getting grounds in frosting.
3. Combine sugar gradually with butter.
4. Add coffee as needed to make a creamy and smooth mixture.
5. Add salt and vanilla.
**DO NOT add coffee all at once. You do not want the frosting to be too soft; you want a spreadable consistency.