Cool and Creamy Key Lime Dessert with Cool Whip
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 C. Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C. firm butter or margarine
- 1/2 C. finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 tsp. grated lime peel
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1/2 C. Key lime juice or regular lime juice
- 2 tsp. grated lime peel, if desired
- 2 C. whipping cream
- few drops green food color, if desired
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Place flour in medium bowl. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through flour in opposite directions), until evenly mixed. Stir in walnuts and 1 teaspoon lime peel. Press evenly in bottom of ungreased 9-inch square pan.
2. Bake about 15 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
3. In medium bowl, mix condensed milk, lime juice and 2 teaspoons lime peel; set aside. In chilled large bowl, beat whipping cream and food color with electric mixer on high speed until stiff.
4. Fold lime mixture into whipped cream just until blended. Pour over crust. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours until chilled but no longer than 48 hours. Store covered in refrigerator.