Copycat Applebee's Garlic Mashed Potatoes
15 min preparation + 45 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 lbs. red potatoes
- 1/2 C. milk
- 1/4 C. heavy cream
- 3 Tbs. butter
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 C. garlic (whole cloves)
- Place a single layer of garlic cloves on a sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil and wrap tightly.
- Roast in 400 degree preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes or until soft.
- Unwrap and let cool until touchable.
- Peel cloves and mash with potatoes when they are ready.
- Wash and rinse potatoes under cold water. It is not necessary to peel potatoes, unless you desire.
- In large sauce pan (or pot), bring red potatoes to a slow boil for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain in colander.
- In pan or bowl, combine potatoes, peeled and roasted garlic cloves, and all other ingredients and mash with a potato masher.
Around The Web