Copycat Chili's Babyback Ribs
1 hour preparation + 2 hour cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 1/2 C. water
- 2/3 C. dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 C. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 C. tomato paste
- 1 Tbs. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. liquid hickory smoke
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 4 racks baby back ribs
- For the sauce: combine all the ingredients (except the ribs) in a saucepan over medium heat. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer.
- Stir often, for 45 to 60 minutes until sauce is thick.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Brush sauce over ribs. Wrap each rack tightly in aluminum foil and arrange on a baking sheet with the seam of the foil facing up.
- Bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours until the meat on the ribs has pulled back from the bones by about 1/2 an inch.
- When the ribs are almost done, preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Remove ribs from the foil and grill them for 4 to 8 minutes per side until the surface of the ribs begins to char.
- Brush sauce on both sides of the ribs a few minutes before you remove them from the grill.
Around The Web