Copycat Chips Ahoy Cookies
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 C. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 C. vegetable shortening
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 2-4 Tbs. water, warm
- 12 oz. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- Use a mixer to mix the two sugars and shortening. When mixture is creamy, add the vanilla, salt and egg white.
- Add the flour 1/2 cup at a time adding a tablespoon of warm
water as necessary to mix the flour.
- Mix in chocolate chips. As the dough gets thicker you may want to mix by hand.
- Roll into 2 inch balls and press down to make flat.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
Around The Web