Copycat Creamy Bowties with Ham and Broccoli from Panera
Serving Size / Yield
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- 6 oz. ham, chopped
- 2 C. broccoli florets
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 C. half-and-half
- 3/4 C. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs. parsley, chopped
- 1/2 loaf Panera Asiago Cheese Focaccia bread, cut into 4 wedges and toasted
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray and add chopped ham. Cook until ham is lightly browned, 5 minutes, stirring now and then. Transfer ham to a plate.
- Add broccoli and 3 tablespoons of water to the skillet. Cover and cook until liquid evaporates and the broccoli is bright green, about 3 minutes. Transfer broccoli to the plate with the ham.
- Melt butter in deep skillet and add garlic. Cook over medium heat for 1 minute. Add half-and-half and bring to a gentle simmer. Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan, salt, and pepper until the cheese melts. Stir in the drained pasta until thoroughly coated. Stir in the broccoli and ham. Sprinkle with parsley (if using) and serve with toasted wedges of focaccia.
Recipe courtesy of Panera Bread and MyPanera.com
Around The Web