Copycat Dairy Queen Blizzard
Serving Size / Yield
- 8 oz. whole milk
- 12 oz. cream
- 1 Tahitian vanilla bean, split and scraped; seeds reserved
- 1 1/2 oz. egg yolks
- 7 oz. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 oz. Frangelico
- Candy, fruit, etc. to mix into your Blizzard
- In a medium pot, bring the milk and cream to a boil with the vanilla bean.
- When the mixture begins to simmer, turn off the heat and cover. Steep for one hour.
- Return the dairy mixture to a simmer.
- Meanwhile whisk the sugar a little at a time into the yolks. Whisk in the salt.
- Once the dairy begins to simmer,remove the vanilla bean and use a spatula to scrape out the cream from inside the pod.
- Whisk the hot dairy mixture into the egg yolks, a little at a time until the egg mixture is warm.
- Whisk the egg mixture into the pot of cream and turn the heat to medium.
- Stir constantly, scrapping along the bottom of the pot.
- Cook until the mixture reaches 140 degrees.
- Remove from heat and strain the custard into a bowl. Stir in the Frangelico.
- Cool in an ice bath and refrigerate overnight.
- Process in an ice cream maker with your desired toppings according to the manufacturer’s directions
Around The Web