Copycat Grilled Banana Sandwiches from Panera
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 Tbs. low-fat whipped cream cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbs. peanut butter
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 4 slices Panera Bread White Whole Grain bread
- Cut off ¼ of the banana and mash in a bowl with a fork; stir in the cream cheese, peanut butter, honey, and salt. Spread over 2 bread slices.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Slice the remaining banana in half lengthwise and then in half crosswise. Place the banana halves in the pan and cook until caramelized. Arrange the bananas over the cream cheese spread and top with the remaining slices of bread.
- Wipe out the skillet, add a spritz more cooking spray, and place over medium heat. Add the sandwiches and cook until browned on each side.
Recipe courtesy of Panera Bread and MyPanera.com.
Around The Web