Copycat In-N-Out Burger
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/4 C. mayo
- 2 Tbs. ketchup
- 1 Tbs. sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 tsp. white vinegar
- 2 lbs. 60% lean ground beef
- hamburger buns
- 1 C. iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 American cheese slices
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onions.
- Cook onions covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the lid and cook for 5 more minutes and then add 1/2 C water. Allow water to evaporate.
- Mix together the mayo, ketchup, relish and vinegar in a bowl and set aside.
- Form meat into 8 patties about 4 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat the griddle and lightly brush with vegetable oil.
- Toast the buns on the griddle.
- Spread bottom bun with 1 Tbs. of the mayo mixture.
- Top with tomato and lettuce.
- Salt and pepper both sides of hamburger patties and cook on the griddle for 3-5 minutes.
- Spread top of patty with 1 1/2 tsps mustard and flip.
- Top patty with cheese and allow to cook until desired doneness.
- Add hamburger to bun and top with caramelized onions.
Around The Web