Copycat Macaroni Grill Penne Rustica
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 oz. bacon
- 18 shrimp, peeled and devained
- 12 oz. grilled chicken breast, sliced
- 4 1/2 C. granita sauce
- 12 oz. penne pasta
- 3 tsp. pimentos
- 6 oz. butter
- 1 tsp. shallots, chopped
- 1 C. Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp. butter
- 2 tsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. rosemary, chopped
- 1 C. marsala wine
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 8 C. heavy cream
- For the sauce: Saute butter, garlic, and rosemary until garlic begins to brown.
- Add marsala wine and reduce by one-third.
- Add remaining ingredients and reduce by half of original volume. Set aside.
- For the pasta: Saute pancetta until begins to brown. Add butter, shallots, and shrimp.
- Add chicken, salt, pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- Add granita sauce and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Combine shrimp and chicken mixture with precooked pasta. Place into a large casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese and pimentos and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 475 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Remove and garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs.
Around The Web