Copycat Marie Callender's Sour Cream And Blueberry Pie
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 pie shell
- 1 15 oz. can blueberries in heavy syrup, drained (save juice)
- 1 1/2 C. water
- 1 C. red delicious apple, diced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1/4 C. water
- 3/4 C. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Sour Cream Topping:
- 1 C. sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1 Tbs. cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. gelatin powder, unflavored
- 2 Tbs. water
- In a saucepan, combine diced apples with water, sugar, and salt at medium temperature until the apples are done, about 10 minutes.
While apples are cooking, mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and dissolve cornstarch.
- When apples are done add lemon juice and berry juice, cook and stir until blended.
- While stirring over medium heat, add dissolved cornstarch slowly and stir constantly until thickened.
- Add berries and cinnamon mix through. Remove from heat and cool before placing into cooled prepared pie shell. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Sour Cream Topping: Dissolve gelatin in 2 tablespoons water and set aside.Mix the sour cream, sugar, cream cheese, dash of salt in a pan warm on low heat until sugar in dissolved and everything is mixed thoroughly, stir and watch that mixture does not burn or dry out.
- When all is smooth and blended add vanilla and stir. Then gradually add gelatin until mixture has a firm consistency of soft pudding, remove from heat.
- Sour cream topping may be smoothed over blueberries while lukewarm and chill. May be garnished with whipped cream.
Around The Web