Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks
3 hour preparation + 12 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp.active dry yeast
- 1 C. + 1 Tbs. warm water
- 16 oz. bread flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 C. (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 2 Tbs. butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- Dissolve the sugar and yeast in the warm water and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl. Use the paddle attachment on a stand mixer to mix the softened butter into the flour.
- When the yeast mixture is foamy, pour it into the flour mixture and use a dough hook on your mixture to combine the ingredients and knead the dough for approximately 10 minutes.
- Place the dough in a covered container and let it sit for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until it doubles in size.
- Then measure out 2-ounce portions and roll the dough between your hands or on a countertop to form sticks that are 7 inches long.
- Place the dough on parchment paper-lined baking sheets, cover and set asidefor 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the dough doubles in size again.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake the breadsticks for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- When the breadsticks come out of the oven, immediately brush each one with melted butter and sprinkle with a little garlic salt.
Around The Web