Copycat Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 pkg. white cake mix
- 1 pkg. lemon cake mix
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 C. whipping cream
- 1 pkg. Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 4 Tbs. butter, melted
- Make the white cake according to package directions, adding the sour cream and vanilla. Bake in a 10-inch round baking pan. Let cool.
- For the filling, mix the Mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest of half the lemon and whipping cream,.
- Mix until creamy and smooth.
- For the crumb topping, combine 3/4 cup of the lemon cake mix with the melted butter to make a crumb topping.
- To assemble the cake, cut the white cake in half and spread the lemon cream filling between the 2 layers of white cake.
- Frost the cake with a thin layer of cream filling and sprinkle the crumb topping on top.
Around The Web