Copycat On The Border Tortilla Soup
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/2 C. On The Border Salsa
- 2 avocados (mashed with
- 3 Tbs. On The Border Salsa)
- 3 14 oz. cans chicken broth
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Tbs. uncooked rice
- 1/2 C. onion, chopped
- 1/2 C. cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 C. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 bag On The Border Tortilla Chips
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in large saucepan. Add chicken breast halves, reduce heat and cook.
- Remove chicken and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Add On The Border salsa and rice to broth. Cook until rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Return chicken to sauce pan, add 1/2 of the chopped onion and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Before serving, add remaining onion and cilantro.
- To serve, garnish soup with tortilla chips.
Note: You can buy On The Border's salsa and tortilla chips at most grocery stores.
Around The Web