Copycat Panera Asian Sesame Chicken Salad
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 wonton wrappers
- 2 Tbs. almonds, sliced
- 4 C. romaine lettuce
- 1 Tbs. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 1/2 C. rice vinegar
- 4 Tbs. sugar
- 2 Tbs.canola oil
- 1/2 Tbs. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cut the wontons into 1/4 inch strips.
- Heat the canola oil to 365° in a heavy skillet.
- Fry the wonton strips.
- Toast the almonds in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Toss then toast for 5 minutes more. Remove from oven and let cool.
- To assemble the salad, in a large bowl, toss the romaine lettuce, cilantro, wonton strips, chicken and dressing.
- Top with the sesame seeds and almonds.
- For the dressing: In a small sauce pan, heat the vinegar and sugar until the sugar dissolves, stirring often. Let it cool completely. Mix the oils together. Whisking constantly, pour in the oil mix to make an emulsion. Add salt, pepper and sesame seeds.
Around The Web