Copycat Panera's French Onion Soup
10 min preparation + 45 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 8 C. yellow onions, sliced
- 1/4 C. butter
- 2 cans beef broth
- 3/4 C. chicken broth
- 3 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 C. water
- 1 Tbs. tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- focaccia bread
- shaved asiago cheese
- Melt butter then add sliced onions and saute over high heat until onions turn brown.
- Add remaining ingredients (except bread and asiago) to the pot and stir to combine.
- Heat soup until it's boiling, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Make croutons by cutting foccacia bread in bite-size pieces. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes or until crispy.
- Serve the soup with croutons and shaved asiago on top.
Around The Web