Copycat Pizza Hut's Stuffed Pizza Crust
2 hour preparation + 20 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 C. lukewarm water
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- 1 tsp. sugar or honey
- 2 1/2-3 C. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- Stir together the water, yeast and sugar; set aside for 5 minutes, until it’s foamy.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of the flour, salt and oil and stir until the dough comes together.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough for about 8 minutes, until it’s smooth and elastic. Add more flour if the dough is sticky.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl and turn to coat all over. Cover and set aside in a warm place for half an hour to an hour, until it doubles in size.
- Roll the dough out so it's about two inches larger than the pizza pan.
- Spread cheese around edge of pan, spoon pizza sauce over cheese.
- Fold over the edges to form ring and press to seal. Prepare remainder of pizza as you like it.
- Bake on a pizza stone or cookie sheet at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until bubbly and golden.
Around The Web